kruizing with kikukat

Monday, March 28, 2016

Cookie Jar: Crispy Rice Krispies Cookies

D2 is back  home and we are digging our feet in, getting ready to brave out the last quarter of the 15-16 school year.  This year feels like it went by quickly, except when I was counting down the days for D1 to come home.

I had some big plans for this vacation, which is all but gone now (just a few HOURS left).  I managed to get some things done, but I didn't get to things I wanted to do.

I wanted to send D2 on her trip with a gigantic bag of cookies.  That never happened.  I wanted to clean my bedroom.  That didn't happen.  I was hoping to complete my pacing guides for next year.  That didn't happen (my efforts fell far short).  I wanted to buy a new car.  That didn't happen either.

Enough about what didn't happen.  Here's what DID happen (which I can smile about):
  • I survived the senior prom.  Mother Nature blessed us with safe driving conditions.  I could hear thunder while the prom was going on, but by the time we hit the road for home, the rain let up.
  • D2 did not appear malnourished from her trip.  And the iPhone 5C is practically bulletproof.
  • I discovered a super ono sushi lunch place in Hilo.
  • My cousins treated me to a Hilo Hawaiian buffet dinner on crab night.
Life is good.

These are the cookies I wish I made for D2.

She'll hafta eat the pics.

click on recipe title for printable recipe

     1 c butter
     1 c sugar
     1 c brown sugar
     2 eggs
     1 tsp vanilla
     2 c flour
     1 tsp baking powder
     1 tsp baking soda
     1/2 tsp salt
     2 c rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
     2 c Rice Krispies cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.  Set aside.  Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredient mixture.  Fold in oats and Rice Krispies.  Drop by tablespoonfuls (#50 disher) onto prepared cookies sheets.  Moisten fingers and press gently to flatten slightly (top should be flat, not domed).  Bake 15 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies. 

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this! oh & yes this will not b on my "didn't happen" list...lol. ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies are so good, I added chocolate chips! Grandson and I made 59 cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made half the recipe and it yielded about 14 cookies using a 2 tbsp worth cookie scooper. Excellent. They were huge, crispy butterlicious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made half the recipe and it yielded about 14 cookies using a 2 tbsp worth cookie scooper. Excellent. They were huge, crispy butterlicious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Added butterscotch chips they smell wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. does the is dough prefer not resting before baking thanks so much

    ReplyDelete